Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Wrist turn-over DRILL

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Wrist turn-over DRILL Empty
PostSubject: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:47 pm

The last time that I went golfing I was having an issue making sure my wrist where turning over properly through impact.

I spoke with a client of mine who gave me a drill to use to help me focus on my wrists turning over through impact.

Take a 5 iron and aim for a target that is about 100 yards out. Your focus is to try hit a long iron to a short target . It took me about 30 balls to get it down. But the point of the drill is to help teach you the feeling of turning our wrists over through impact. Once you have been able to master a 100 yard shot with a 5 iron start swinging it at your normal pace.

It worked for me let me know if it works for you.
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptySat Jan 05, 2013 2:16 pm

Lol. I have the same issue a lot. I am eager to give this a try tomorrow at the range. I will let you know how it goes.
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptySun Jan 06, 2013 12:47 pm

I just back from being at the driving range this morning. This drill works. I was very impressed with it. It took me about 50 balls or so to get the idea down but when I did....WOW!

Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:53 pm

I'm glad it works for you
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 5:04 pm

It truly did! Im am gonna use it whenever I am at the range!
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 12:47 am

So after a LOOOOONG layoff from golf, I went to the range tonight and tried this drill. Only problem is I'm a head case right now. I still drive the ball a LOOOOONG ways but you put an iron in my hands and I have a melt down. For some reason in my back swing I kept changing my grip in my backswing. ugh!!! Everytime I took the club back my hands would move around and I hit like crap.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:43 pm

Wow. Man I don't know what' to tell you on that one. Call Hank Haney on that one
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:50 pm

Golfarizona wrote:
Wow. Man I don't know what' to tell you on that one. Call Hank Haney on that one

Damn guy wont return my calls lol Yea I have no idea what the heck was going on. It was horrible.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyTue Mar 26, 2013 9:01 pm

Did you ever get this figured out?
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyWed Mar 27, 2013 1:49 pm

Golfarizona wrote:
Did you ever get this figured out?

Yea I took a bucket of bals and started with a 7 iron and just swun nice and easy and didnt think during my back swing. then hit the 8 and 9 irons and now I have another issuse of hitting those three clubs all within a couple feet of one another. My friend didnt believe me so I hit 3 balls with each club and they were groupled together all within a couple feet. I have a baseball swing so i swing hard and fast.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 6:33 am

I use to have that years ago. My issue was I was,sweeping the ball off the turf and not trying to compress it.
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyThu Mar 28, 2013 3:55 pm

Golfarizona wrote:
I use to have that years ago. My issue was I was,sweeping the ball off the turf and not trying to compress it.

I need to get off my ass and get out there and put some work in on the course.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptyFri Mar 29, 2013 7:34 am

Lol ya. I try to hit the range at least twice a week but with my schedule that so sometimes that never happens. I can go a few weeks without swinging a cub.

Golf is really that saying. "If you don't use it you loose it."
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 10:39 pm

mrw3334 wrote:
Golfarizona wrote:

I need to get off my ass and get out there and put some work in on the course.

Maybe we can hit the range once a week or so together
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrist turn-over DRILL   Wrist turn-over DRILL Empty

Back to top Go down

Wrist turn-over DRILL
Page 1 of 1