Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arm Tucked DRILL

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Arm Tucked DRILL Empty
PostSubject: Arm Tucked DRILL   Arm Tucked DRILL EmptySun Oct 14, 2012 11:56 am

This is a drill that I use all of the time at the range.

Usually you hear about people putting a Glove or a Head cover under their arm (Right arm if your right handed and left arm if you are left handed). I like to tuck my shirt sleeve under my arm. (I think I would look weird with a head cover or even a towel sticking out from under my arm.)

The point of this drill is to help stay on plain with your backswing as well as stay more connected. And as we all know staying connected helps get more power!

Give this drill a try and let us know if it works for you
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
NellyBone

Arm Tucked DRILL Empty
PostSubject: Game changer   Arm Tucked DRILL EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 10:42 am

I tried this this weekend (paying attention to the opening of my armpit) and have kept it much more closed, and its changed my game immensely. I never knew how high my elbow has been going, which is why i have been swinging from out to in, completely cured my slice and hitting the ball much straighter/fade now. Thanks for the tip! If there are any other drills to help with a slice please post them.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

Arm Tucked DRILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arm Tucked DRILL   Arm Tucked DRILL EmptyMon Oct 22, 2012 11:17 am

I am glad that this drill worked for you. I use it whenever I am at the range. It was a simple drill that an old swing coach taught me to use. I have read about this same drill for years.

There is something that I do when I feel like I am "bailing out" of my swing at the t-box. (Causing me to go right). When I start my down swing I focus on trying to turn my wrists over. I imagine that I am turning them over to make a square impact with my club face. I also find this to help with lag in my swing.( this is to get your wrist ahead of the ball before impact. YouTube some good pro swings and you will see that on the down swing right before impact their wrists are in front of their club head). This really helps me put the ball down the middle. I use it with my all of my clubs when I feel I start creeping to the right.

This is a drill I use that works for me. Everyone is different.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

Arm Tucked DRILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arm Tucked DRILL   Arm Tucked DRILL EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 4:54 pm

If anyone' was paying attention to Tigers Tournament this past weekend, but they caught Rickie Fowler tucking in his sleeve during one of his rounds. He was tucking the sleeve of his other arm to help shorten his backswing and be more consistent with his shots.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Arm Tucked DRILL Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arm Tucked DRILL   Arm Tucked DRILL Empty

Back to top Go down

Arm Tucked DRILL
Page 1 of 1