Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Golf Course Selection Help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BGJ7821

REP : 1

Golf Course Selection Help Empty
PostSubject: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 4:54 pm

Hi,

I am an Oregonian heading down to AZ for the first time this coming weekend (26-28th). I am staying in Prescott for a wedding and wondering what courses I should play? Looks like We-Ko-Pa would be the top choice, but it is two hours south. I talked to people at Talking Rock GC and though it is private I think I can get on.

Any suggestions on making the long trek south to We-Ko-Pa or Prescott choices, or any other thought or options.

Thanks!!
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 9:44 pm

What are you looking for exactly?

Is there a price range?
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

REP : 2

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 8:10 am

BGJ7821 wrote:
Hi,

I am an Oregonian heading down to AZ for the first time this coming weekend (26-28th). I am staying in Prescott for a wedding and wondering what courses I should play? Looks like We-Ko-Pa would be the top choice, but it is two hours south. I talked to people at Talking Rock GC and though it is private I think I can get on

You are only a couple hours from Phx and Scottsdale there. I know some would never drive there far for a round and some who would drive twice that. either way there are a bunch of great courses in both and I haven't ventured up to Prescott so don't have a clue what is worth the time or money up there
Back to top Go down
BGJ7821

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:49 pm

No price range, just looking for good golf. And if I need to drive two hours south or if there is anything decent in Prescott? I.e. is it worth spending four hours in the car one day to get one round in or 36 in Prescott?

Thanks! Just looking for a locals thoughts or opinions on a worthwhile agenda if I need to be back in Prescott for a 5pm wedding.
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 9:11 pm

There are a few in Prescott that are nice. There are a couple in Sedona that i have heard great things about but have yet to get out that way to find out for myself.

Theres a new Memeber on here who works for golfhub.com he might be able to get you some discounts on courses.

Back to top Go down
BGJ7821

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 10:21 pm

Do you know what the courses are in Prescott? Or who the golfhub member is? That would be awesome.
Back to top Go down
OnePuttBlunder

OnePuttBlunder

REP : 4

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 11:35 pm

Antelope hills is decent, Stoneridge is very very quirky and a love it or hate it course. the 18th hole is one of the dumbest i have ever seen. Prescott Golf and Country Club was the only other one I have played up there just ok. The higher end clubs like Seven Canyons or Talking Rock might be your best bet in the Prescott area. I just cannot speak to current conditions

FYI Wekopa Saguaro is worth the drive
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Golf Course Selection Help   Golf Course Selection Help Empty

Back to top Go down

Golf Course Selection Help
Page 1 of 1