Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Last Q-School

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Last Q-School Empty
PostSubject: Last Q-School   Last Q-School EmptyTue Dec 04, 2012 7:58 am

, As I am sure everyone knows this past week/weekend was the last Q-School. There have been many great Pros who have gotten their start from Q-School but, the PGA Tour in all of its glorious wisdom decided to dissolve this "opportunity" that use to happen a few times each year. I enjoyed the concept of Q-School. To me, It was literally a chance for a nobody to come out and win and get their dream of playing on the PGA Tour.

If you where like me and followed the scores of this last Q-School, which was being held in LA QUINTA, Calif at the wonderful Nicklaus Tournament Course at PGA West, you might have noticed two very familiar names. Both Camilo Villegas and Heath Slocum, who are former PGA Tour winners, finished outside the mark this year on the PGA Tour. And because of this they where both sent to Q-School in an attempt to earn their cards for the 2013.

Sadly, neither one of them made the top 25 to earn their cards to the PGA Tour. Both finished at 15 under and tied for 32nd.(What will happen to these two I wonder...?) This just goes to show how tough it is to play on the PGA Tour every week, or let alone grind it out for 6 straight days at Q-School. Of the 25 that earned a card for the 2013 PGA Tour season, I will be very curious to see who will step up to the next level and make it happen and who will fall by the waist side.

Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com

Last Q-School
Page 1 of 1