Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Who went to the WM Phx. open

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
aj1963

REP : 5

Who went to the WM Phx. open Empty
PostSubject: Who went to the WM Phx. open   Who went to the WM Phx. open EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 11:34 am

I was out there on final round Sunday, the crowds were enormous and rowdy. Most of the players seem to be cool with the noise short of Bubba, but they seem to be having fun. It's been several years since I've gone to the Open but I scored some tickets and made a day of it. The course conditions were amazing. The greens were fast and smooth, sure would be nice to be able to play on conditions like that. I thought it was great that Kevin Stadler won the first time at our event, he had his ups & downs be he held his own to the end & didn't choke. Graham DeLet (I think I misspelled that) played great as well but just couldn't hold on all the way. I watched him hit his tee shot on 18, man can that guy crush the ball. He carried the left bunker at the end of the water, had to be well over 300 yards in the air. I forget just how good these guys hit the ball from all sorts of lies. My wife and I had a lot of fun, the venue was great except for the food. The food sucks unless you're lucky enough to be in the sky boxes or corp. village. I would hope that in future tournaments they improve the quality of the concessions stands, what a rip-off. If anybody else went out there and got some pics, please share them on this post. I didn't cause my phone sucks (non smart phone user).
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Who went to the WM Phx. open Empty
PostSubject: Re: Who went to the WM Phx. open   Who went to the WM Phx. open EmptyMon Feb 03, 2014 9:55 pm

I didn't go this year. This was the first time in about 3 years that I didn't go. I enjoy going. I was there last Saturday and Sunday when the attendance records where broken. (Which I heard it was broken this year as well.). Sadly the concessions are literally the same every year. Nothing changes front the Costco wholesale food quality nor do the prices for a bottle of water. I think it's like $3 for some aquafina. The best out of all the vendors/games for the patrons to interact with is a game that is a simulator that is closest to the Pin contest. The line for that one can get pretty long.

I think graham has a chance this year. I have picking him in my Golf Channel Fantasy picks lately because he has been real close to finally winning. I am sure he will do it. As far as bubba is concerned I think he is his own Worste enemy and let's everything bother him so he has an excuse to suck on that particular day. For some one who can literal dismantle a course with his driver alone he shouldn't have blown the win being a Masters Champion.

The stadlers will be the first father and son to play the masters this year. That's a pretty cool experience
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com

Who went to the WM Phx. open
Page 1 of 1