Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Putting Strokes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfhub66

Golfhub66

REP : 2

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptyThu May 02, 2013 8:45 pm

So over the years Ive tried numerous putting grips, feelings, swing paths, ideas, setups, postures, you name it, ive tried it. This is partly to learn how to teach all the variations to my students and partly to see what works the best for me.

Ive been hard pressed to find a current player on tour that is extra "wristy" with his take back and release of the putter head. Most keep the wrist and foreams steady and the chest/shoulders rotate in some form. Can anyone think of a pro that putted like this? Maybe Isao Aoki?

I have recently changed to this extra wristy load and release to roll my ball. I rotate my shoulders but specifically in a 1,2,3,4 sequence. 1-wrist 2-shoulders 3-shoulders 4-wrist. The tempo is 1,2,3,4. wrist, shoulders, shoulders, wrist. Sorry for the attempted visual, but its what is going through my head while Im standing over the putt. Smile It really feels like im just rolling the golfball down my line underhanded with my right hand. There is almost no swing or hitting feel in my mind.

I had the best putting round of my career with this routine last week. 14 one-putts, 4 two-putts I drained them from all over the map 80, 60, 40, 40, 10- ft.. the ball stayed on my line the entire way and way tracking the hole everytime I rolled it. Im not the best putter in the world and it had seriously held me back in the competitive leagues and tours. This is a total shock and Ive praticed with my new phylosophy a few times on the putting green and it is dead solid perfect. It feels like I can hole out any putt in the world. The ones that dont go in still hit the hole and Im left with tap ins.

Putting is the beginning of the end for most golfers. It seperates the champions from the rest of the heard. The easiest way to get really good at golf is with confidence. When there is no doubt in your mind that you are better than what the course has to give you. Find a putting stroke that will give you a ball rolling in a straight line and dies on that line. Find your stroke and lift the burden of trying to stick it close every time!
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfhub.com
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptyFri May 03, 2013 9:52 pm

Even the best Pros battle with putting...I can honestly say it is one of the most frustrating things about the game of golf
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
Golfhub66

Golfhub66

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptySat May 04, 2013 1:05 am

Yes it is! I've seen some sticks give up the game because it cost them too much to replace their broken putters every round.
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

REP : 5

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptySat May 04, 2013 11:40 am

Golfhub66 wrote:
Yes it is! I've seen some sticks give up the game because it cost them too much to replace their broken putters every round.

Serious anger problems if your breaking your putting every time you play a round!
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptyFri May 10, 2013 6:49 am

Putting is the most annoying thing in the world hence the screen name......F$*€£$& HATE it!
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptySun May 12, 2013 8:10 am

I have thought about changing the actual grip on my putter to one of those none tapered grips.....anyone tried them or uses one?
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
Twiddly

Twiddly

REP : 5

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptyMon May 13, 2013 9:04 pm

No but I've thought the same thing! I almost purchased one the other day
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptyTue May 14, 2013 10:49 pm

Twiddly wrote:
No but I've thought the same thing! I almost purchased one the other day

Lol me too!
Back to top Go down
Golfhub66

Golfhub66

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes EmptyTue May 21, 2013 11:24 am

Golfarizona wrote:
I have thought about changing the actual grip on my putter to one of those none tapered grips.....anyone tried them or uses one?

i haven't but Jason Duffner has, and he won on tour! Haha. geek
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Putting Strokes Empty
PostSubject: Re: Putting Strokes   Putting Strokes Empty

Back to top Go down

Putting Strokes
Page 1 of 1