Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Arizona Tradition (11/25/12)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Arizona - Arizona Tradition (11/25/12) Empty
PostSubject: Arizona Tradition (11/25/12)   Arizona - Arizona Tradition (11/25/12) EmptyFri Nov 30, 2012 9:22 pm

I was itching to golf all week so I hit my next door neighbor up to go golfing this past Sunday. He likes playing the Arizona Traditions so thats where we went. It is just west of the 303 Freeway off of Bell Rd. in Surprise, Az.

I have not been to the Arizona Traditions in almost a year. I personally like the course, it is usually well taken care of and it is layed out nicely. It is not a very long course and because of that I usually play a 3 wood, Hybrid, or even a 4 iron off of most of the T-boxes.

After mentioning the word "usually" in reference to how well the course is taken care of in my last paragraph. I would have to say that this is the first time that I was NOT impressed with the AZ Traditions. From the second you walk into the Proshop things are different. The Pro Shop usually has a nice selection of clothes to choose from, but this time the racks where VERY Bare. I was not greeted at all and I felt like I was a burden to people behind the counter.

One of the biggest reason I have like the Traditions is how well the course is taken care of for the price you pay. In the winter time the price runs about $40 per person and the fairways and greens look and feel on point. This time around the fairways looked like the rough. If it was not for the, brown dormant burmuda grass, I would not have been able to tell the difference. Some of the greens looked really good but I really noticed how bad they where on the back 9. There where a lot of brown spots and most played like concrete. Gets a shot inside 100 yards to sit/check was almost impossible.

At this current time I would have to give this course a 2 on a scale of 1 to 5. I would still go back to the Traditions. I have had to many good experiences to not give it a try again. I do hope that when I do get to go back that things have improved.

Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com

Arizona Tradition (11/25/12)
Page 1 of 1