Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hillcrest Golf Course

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

Hillcrest Golf Course Empty
PostSubject: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyTue Jan 08, 2013 3:47 pm

I have been itching to use my new I20 irons I got about a week ago. So I called my clients and resecheduled them for tomorrow and I called a buddy of mine and we went golfing

We ended up at Hillcrest Golf Course which is located North of Bell road off of R.H. Johnson Blvd. Hillcrest is a decent course. About 10 years or so ago it use to host the LPGA Tour as well as the Senior PGA Tour.

It had been awhile since I had played so I was at the driving range rather early this morning. I ended up shooting a 82. I didn't think it was too bad seeing as I had not hit a golf ball for almost a month(Holidays!)

I do like playing Hillcrest. It is a challenging course for all different skill levels. The first few holes play pretty easy then things start to get interesting. There is a lot of elevation changes throughout the entire course which make you think about your club selection. There are a few greens that are about 20-30 feet from the bottom to the top of the green. All of the Par 5's are a dog leg and there is water in the Bend of each dog leg. Now, normally in most cases I will play that edge off the tee and draw/fade it around but with the trees that Hillcrest has out on those dog leg bends it makes playing your T shot a lot more fun. Oh, and there is a 270 yard Par 3 on the back nine.

The course itself played pretty well. We had an early t-time(7:45) so the first few holes where rather questionable seeing as the greens where iced over. The fairways looked a little dry but the greens where looking great. There where a few spots that needed some attention. But, not enough to complain about.
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:12 pm

3 wood 3 wood?? lol or Driver driver? affraid
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyMon May 27, 2013 12:52 pm

LOL! It was a 3 wood of a day!
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:04 pm

Golfarizona wrote:
LOL! It was a 3 wood of a day!

I hit your 3 wood better then you did all day! lol
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyMon May 27, 2013 9:20 pm

This is true I won't argue that......but I did take you down with a 9 iron on a par 4....twice!
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyTue May 28, 2013 10:34 am

Golfarizona wrote:
This is true I won't argue that......but I did take you down with a 9 iron on a par 4....twice!

I think if you would have played with just your 9 iron all day you would have shot in the 80s lol
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyTue May 28, 2013 9:29 pm

Ya it was a bad day for golfing
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyThu May 30, 2013 10:21 pm

It's sounds like you guys had fun?!
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyThu May 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Twiddly wrote:
It's sounds like you guys had fun?!

Yea it was a fun day golfing. We will have to get out again soon. Nick is a blast to golf with. Hell I know I made him laugh ALOT lol
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyFri May 31, 2013 3:50 pm

Ya it was fun! Couldn't golf to save my life but the laughter made up for the shitty golf day that's for sure!
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyFri May 31, 2013 4:02 pm

Golfarizona wrote:
Ya it was fun! Couldn't golf to save my life but the laughter made up for the shitty golf day that's for sure!

hey bro I shot you a text, lets golf this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course EmptyMon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 pm

When I get back from vacation you want to golf. So not this weekend the following weekend. And If so I might have a 3rd and he's sort of a princess with traveling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hillcrest Golf Course   Hillcrest Golf Course Empty

Back to top Go down

Hillcrest Golf Course
Page 1 of 1