Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Anyone ever try customized clubs???

Go down 
+3
Twiddly
mrw3334
NellyBone
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NellyBone

REP : 4

Anyone ever try customized clubs??? Empty
PostSubject: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 12:18 pm

The guy that i went to for my reshafting (that didnt happen, see my new golfer post for details) suggested making clubs for me, his sales pitch was awesome, talking about everything from the club head to the grip being customized to the way i play. His pricing is sounded great, driver being any where from $60 to $90 dollars depending on the components and $10 for building it. I already have my driver, but am very intrigued about getting 3, 5 and 7 woods custom made, then depending on how they perform, selling my K15 and having a custom driver made.

Any thoughts or experiences from any of you about custom clubs? If so, please share!

Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 2:00 pm

Sounds kinda sketchy. I think this guy is talking about making knock off clubs.
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:03 pm

Honestly, you can have any club fitted for you. Whether you buy it used or new. You can any club fitted to you!

I agree with mrw. It sounds like knock-offs. And those SUCK! DUDE! What are the serial numbers on you K15?!?!?!?!!!!
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyMon Nov 12, 2012 6:25 pm

mrw3334 wrote:
Sounds kinda sketchy. I think this guy is talking about making knock off clubs.

^^^^ I'm with homeboy on that one!

Bring you G10's into to Ping. I think they are on like 19th ave and Peoria/Cactus. It's Free and they will bend you clubs FOR FREE!
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
NellyBone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 9:10 am

Yeah they sounded like knock off clubs. The price just really intrigued me, being so cheap is all lol Serial number on the K15 driver I dont know off the top of my head. Will hopefully get a K15 3 wood as soon as I find $75 more bucks though. So maybe i will just try to complete the K15 wood set.
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:13 pm

The serial numbers for Ping are by the Hosel
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:16 pm

Are these clubs the K15's NEW?
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 3:21 pm

Check out different sites, 3balls.com has alot of deals and keep an eye out at Golfsmith and PGA. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a mint Razr-x set of iron 4-pw for $300 a few months ago.
Back to top Go down
NellyBone

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 6:02 pm

The K15 was a used one from Vans Golf shop.
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyWed Nov 14, 2012 4:00 pm

Nelly if your hitting a 6 iron only 100 yards you might want to look into graphite shafts. Stay AWAY from knock off clubs, they're nothing but trouble. Come on out to the east valley and we'll go have a fun round of golf.
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

REP : 2

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Jan 22, 2013 11:33 pm

From what I have seen with the custom fitting clubs they aren't knock-offs like you see on ebay saying they are a Rocketballz driver and you get and realize the weights arent removable or anything. these ones are usually clubs that are supposed to be similar tech and style and look like them. I think of them like buying a football jersey from Walmart you know it isn't official and doesn't have the name or anything but its about the money you save and have something close to what you really want. I haven't played with them before but I don't think I would be able to tell the difference (i'm not any good though either Surprised)
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 6:50 am

ma1r1k2us wrote:
From what I have seen with the custom fitting clubs they aren't knock-offs like you see on ebay saying they are a Rocketballz driver and you get and realize the weights arent removable or anything. these ones are usually clubs that are supposed to be similar tech and style and look like them. I think of them like buying a football jersey from Walmart you know it isn't official and doesn't have the name or anything but its about the money you save and have something close to what you really want. I haven't played with them before but I don't think I would be able to tell the difference (i'm not any good though either Surprised)

There is a huge difference between knock-off golf clubs and real golf clubs. IMO
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyWed Jan 23, 2013 10:45 am

There is a huge difference between a knock off and a club designed just to look like one...another example is shoes from Payless. They are designed to look like Adidas and Nike but aren't...I know the quality is not as good but I've had those shoes last longer than a $200 pair of Nike's so you never know is all I'm saying they could work for some
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyThu Jan 24, 2013 8:45 pm

ma1r1k2us wrote:
There is a huge difference between a knock off and a club designed just to look like one...another example is shoes from Payless. They are designed to look like Adidas and Nike but aren't...I know the quality is not as good but I've had those shoes last longer than a $200 pair of Nike's so you never know is all I'm saying they could work for some

I guess you would have to look at how good you would want your game to be. There have been test and studies done and there has been proof that knock-off are worst in every way. They come up shorter, go off to the right or left more. But if its what you want to do then its all you
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 6:45 am

Ihatetoputt wrote:
ma1r1k2us wrote:

I guess you would have to look at how good you would want your game to be. There have been test and studies done and there has been proof that knock-off are worst in every way. They come up shorter, go off to the right or left more. But if its what you want to do then its all you

Are you talking about that magazine article like a year ago?
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyFri Jan 25, 2013 2:43 pm

Ihatetoputt wrote:

I am not doubting that or disputing it. I am saying though there is a big difference between a "knock-off" where they are trying to trick you in to buying a club that says it is a Taylormade Rocketballz with all their logos on it but is not from Taylormade. A "clone" that is simply taking Taylormade specs and designing something as close as possible to it but using their own name on the clubs is a different story. They are trying to build a quality product at a lower cost. The knock-offs are counterfeit trying to sell you poor quality at a name brand higher price. The clones never make a claim to be Taylormade product they say it compares to them that is all. Which brings us to the original question of do the custom built clone clubs perform close to the original? As I said before I haven't polayed with them but I can see a benefit of losing a few yards for a few hundred dollars. Knock off not at all. Just IMHO
Back to top Go down
mattyv

mattyv

REP : 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptySat Jan 26, 2013 11:24 am

ma1r1k2us wrote:
Ihatetoputt wrote:

I am not doubting that or disputing it. I am saying though there is a big difference between a "knock-off" where they are trying to trick you in to buying a club that says it is a Taylormade Rocketballz with all their logos on it but is not from Taylormade. A "clone" that is simply taking Taylormade specs and designing something as close as possible to it but using their own name on the clubs is a different story. They are trying to build a quality product at a lower cost. The knock-offs are counterfeit trying to sell you poor quality at a name brand higher price. The clones never make a claim to be Taylormade product they say it compares to them that is all. Which brings us to the original question of do the custom built clone clubs perform close to the original? As I said before I haven't polayed with them but I can see a benefit of losing a few yards for a few hundred dollars. Knock off not at all. Just IMHO

The difference between the clone clubs and the name brands is very minimal. as ma1r1k2us has stated they are not branded with the name brands information. I have probably built 10-12 sets of clone clubs for friends, co-workers and myself in the last 3 years. In all cases the person I build the clubs for was so happy with the product and saw improvements in their game. A lot of this comes from getting the person properly fitted with the right shaft. Not everyone needs to shaft their clubs with S flex Dynamic Gold shafts. Also getting fitted for the correct club length will help with slicing and pulling. IMHO I would much rather had a custom fitted set of "clone" equipment than a brand spanking new set of off the rack clubs from a major manufacturer. Playing a set of clone TM burner irons last year I dropped my handicap from a 17 to a 12. One last piece of information on the clone clubs is that many of them are built in the same foundries in China that make the same clubs for the big guys, with the big guys being OK with it.
Back to top Go down
Twiddly

Twiddly

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 8:50 pm

mattyv wrote:
ma1r1k2us wrote:
Ihatetoputt wrote:

The difference between the clone clubs and the name brands is very minimal. as ma1r1k2us has stated they are not branded with the name brands information. I have probably built 10-12 sets of clone clubs for friends, co-workers and myself in the last 3 years. In all cases the person I build the clubs for was so happy with the product and saw improvements in their game. A lot of this comes from getting the person properly fitted with the right shaft. Not everyone needs to shaft their clubs with S flex Dynamic Gold shafts. Also getting fitted for the correct club length will help with slicing and pulling. IMHO I would much rather had a custom fitted set of "clone" equipment than a brand spanking new set of off the rack clubs from a major manufacturer. Playing a set of clone TM burner irons last year I dropped my handicap from a 17 to a 12. One last piece of information on the clone clubs is that many of them are built in the same foundries in China that make the same clubs for the big guys, with the big guys being OK with it.

Don't they NOT use the best materials in china?
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyTue Jan 29, 2013 10:38 pm

I believe some of the big name clubs are made in china in the same factories as the clone ones...but I have not factual evidence for that just what I have seen looking around about the differences
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 7:18 pm

Lol. Ya. It's was in last years Golf Digest Hot List issue
Back to top Go down
mattyv

mattyv

REP : 7

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 12:02 pm

.[/quote]

Don't they NOT use the best materials in china?[/quote]

You should look into where the Titleist clubs in your signature were manufactured. I believe all of the major clubs are manufactured in China except for Ping. They may put the clubs together in the US or Mexico, but the parts are made in China.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 9:53 pm

mattyv wrote:

Don't they NOT use the best materials in china?[/quote]

You should look into where the Titleist clubs in your signature were manufactured. I believe all of the major clubs are manufactured in China except for Ping. They may put the clubs together in the US or Mexico, but the parts are made in China.[/quote]

From a little birdie.....

Yes I am pretty sure they are all made in china. As far as the quality of metal. It's china....if they can melt rebar and use it they will....there attention to detail is shadowed by their ability to make a lot of money fast.

Ping is made in china but they are going back to being made in the USA. The story is....China was having a hard time making some of the clubs for Ping( metal quality issues among other things) qand so they came to AZ to find out how it's done. The foundry in AZ literally told China and the owners of Ping that No they would not show them because they didn't want to loose there jobs

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anyone ever try customized clubs???   Anyone ever try customized clubs??? Empty

Back to top Go down

Anyone ever try customized clubs???
Page 1 of 1