Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Club Selection

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
TucsonLefty

REP : 1

club - Club Selection Empty
PostSubject: Club Selection   club - Club Selection EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:23 pm

Hi everyone. I stumbeled accross this website while browsing craigslist for some new clubs. I have a question and I am looking for some advice. Currently I am playing with a nice RAM starter set. However I have gotten much better and now I think it is time for an upgrade. The people I play with are all playing with Callaway, TaylorMade, etc. They seem to think, and I agree it is time for me to upgrade to the big boy clubs. I have done some extensive reading and I want to make sure I am making the right choice. With that said I am also not sure I am ready to drop $1000 on a set of clubs. Ok so the point of all this is can you please suggest a good set of clubs for me to purchase? I guess the main thing is what manufacturer. Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: Club Selection   club - Club Selection EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 12:10 am

I was just like yourself. I looked and looked and read review after review about different irons to play. you really need to go into a PGA superstore or golfsmith and hit different irons and go with what you are confortable with. I dont think you need to spend $1000 on clubs until your a single digit capper. I bought a MINT set of used PING G-15 irons from PGA superstore for $299. I looked into the Callaway X-22 tours, Callaway RAZR, PINGs, and Taylormade 2.0 burners. Goodluck in your search.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

PostSubject: Re: Club Selection   club - Club Selection EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:49 pm

mrw3334 wrote:
I was just like yourself. I looked and looked and read review after review about different irons to play. you really need to go into a PGA superstore or golfsmith and hit different irons and go with what you are confortable with. I dont think you need to spend $1000 on clubs until your a single digit capper. I bought a MINT set of used PING G-15 irons from PGA superstore for $299. I looked into the Callaway X-22 tours, Callaway RAZR, PINGs, and Taylormade 2.0 burners. Goodluck in your search.

^^^^^Hes Right. Take your time and try out as many different types of clubs that you can. And do notmbe affraid to ask questions. Everyone of these companies including Dicks and Ping will fit you for free. (Ping is a great place to get fitted and its a hell of a lot of fun there!)

Don't rush into a club that you can't handle(and don't let anyone talk you into it either). Don't be afraid to play a more forgiving club type like Taylormade RBZ 'a or the RBZ Max's. or there is the Ping K15's or even the new G20's. Dont be affraid to play a mixed bag either. One companies irons might work for you but you might like another companies driver.
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club Selection   club - Club Selection Empty

Back to top Go down

Club Selection
Page 1 of 1