Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft Empty
PostSubject: UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft   UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft EmptyWed Oct 31, 2012 7:18 am

I recently had my stiff stock driver shaft upgraded to a stiff V2 Proforce.

I have wanted to replace my driver shaft for several months now but due to a very hectic schedule I was unable to. I had battled around with the Aldila NV shaft for my driver as well as a few others. I finally went to GolfSmith last week and played around with a few drivers and shaft combos that they had and fell in love with the V2. (Everything looked good on there launch monitors but I really don't trust those as much as just going to the range)

I had that bad boy installed and used it this past Sunday on a links style course. I was impressed! I wanted that mid/low ball flight and I got it. I was putting ropes where ever I wanted them! If I wanted to play a draw/fade I could on command.

I was VERY impressed with this shaft. Just like very other company who makes shafts there are different weights. I picked up a 65g. Right now they are $59.99 at Golfsmith so if you are in line for a new shaft then give this one a try. Let me know what you think.
Photobucket

Last edited by Golfarizona on Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft   UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 12:15 pm

I use a R11 with a stock stiff shaft. Is this an upgrade from the shaft on my driver?? Ive always wanted to replace the shaft but have no clue what to get into.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft   UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft EmptyThu Nov 01, 2012 4:06 pm

Picking out a new shaft for a wood is a challenge that is for sure. (I went through 3 before I found the right one for my 3 wood)The cool thing is that with companies today are starting to use MUCH better shafts in as there "stock" option. I can say that Titliest and Taylormade are the first two that come to mind on that subject. (Ping is as well but they are just starting to push it in the new Anser series)

My suggestion when picking out a new shaft for your driver is weigh your strength and weakness with the shaft you currently have. What do you like and not like about it. In my case I really did not like the high ball flight I was getting on my G15. I did not like the "wippy" feeling I was getting at impact. And I did not like the inconsistent ball flight.( To much right and left)These are the major issues that I had with the stock shaft(or any shaft I tried). I wanted to find something with low torque to help address these issues.

There are also other factors such as gram weight. If you feel the shaft you have is too light then find something with a few extra grams.( but don't go to much in weight or you with counter product what you where trying to do in the first place.)mane the same goes if you feel your shaft is to heavy.

If you are driving the ball great and the ball flight it what you want then just use the saying....."if it isn't broke don't fix it".

This is just my opinion I am by no means a pro!

Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
mrw3334
Admin
mrw3334

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft   UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft EmptyFri Nov 02, 2012 1:12 pm

I finally fixed my slice and Im driving the ball anywhere from 290-330 in the fairway. I'm not losing as many balls now so I think I will just keep the shaft I have until I get better. Then I can step up to something else.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft   UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft Empty

Back to top Go down

UST Mamiya Proforce V2 Driver Shaft
Page 1 of 1