Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Metal shafts in newer driver?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NellyBone

REP : 4

Metal shafts in newer driver? Empty
PostSubject: Metal shafts in newer driver?   Metal shafts in newer driver? EmptyThu Oct 18, 2012 10:54 am

I currently have a PING G10 driver with the stock TFC regular flex shaft. My swing normally with irons is fade, but more often than not with the driver its a slice. I have played with older metal shafted drivers before and seem to be able to control those much better and still maintain decent distance.

Is it possible to re-shaft my G10 driver or fairway woods with a metal shaft? Would it affect the performance of the club head at all? Pro's and Con's of doing this? If anyone has done this, is there a decent cheap metal shaft that you can recommend?

Thank you for any input possible! I haven't been able to find much in searching google for other forums, but if you guys have seen any please post links. Thanks Again!
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Metal shafts in newer driver?   Metal shafts in newer driver? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 1:58 pm

Nelly

First off, I will say that the sport of golf for many including myself is a VERY challenging game. the statement "if you dont use it your loose it" works perfectly for our sport. There might be a few factors as to why you are "slicing" your driver and woods. Such as; rushing through your swing, maybe your not on plain as well as you should be, it could be something as simple as your grip, or maybe you need to upgrade your shaft. (there are other factors as well but these are just a few.)

Before you decide to upgrade anything in your game I would always insist on going to places like; Golfsmith, PIng, or PGA Store. They have launch monitors and they can help you(For Free!) on trying to decide whether or not you need to upgrade your shaft. Doing research as it sounds like you have done never hurts .

I personally would not put steel shafts in my driver and woods. To me graphite gives added distance and has better feel to it. (i just think graphite has more benifts than steel) I don't know if you have tried to get lesson from a PGA Pro but if you have not then give it a try. You would be surprised at how much change can happen after about a month. There could be simple issues in your swing that may need some attention.

I hope this helps

Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
NellyBone

PostSubject: Re: Metal shafts in newer driver?   Metal shafts in newer driver? EmptyFri Oct 19, 2012 5:19 pm

I unfortunately cant afford lessons at all, doubt i will ever be able to, so i have been self taught for about a year now, with the help of youtube videos and googling golf tips lol. It has helped me a lot though. I typically golf at a short 9, being only able to use my driver on 3 of the holes. I don't go to the range much, but maybe i should start doing that to try to fix my swing.

From what I have researched though on the internet about my slice, i believe i found what i am doing wrong. It seems I am not keeping my right shoulder down on the back swing and i end up striking the ball from out to in (i think thats what it is).

I found one drill to help with it, do you know of any more that can help cure a slice?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Metal shafts in newer driver?   Metal shafts in newer driver? Empty

Back to top Go down

Metal shafts in newer driver?
Page 1 of 1