Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hitting a lot of shots with Ping's welcomed i20 irons and g25 irons

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sunny101010

REP : 1

ping - Hitting a lot of shots with Ping's welcomed i20 irons and g25 irons Empty
PostSubject: Hitting a lot of shots with Ping's welcomed i20 irons and g25 irons   ping - Hitting a lot of shots with Ping's welcomed i20 irons and g25 irons EmptyWed Mar 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Ping's successful line of G-series irons and i-series irons have focused on maximum forgiveness for all players. The Ping I20 Irons
attempts to satisfy that audience by utilizing a series of designs. The high-performance g25 irons features progressive sole widths, thinner top lines and moderate offset which will appeal to golfers of all abilities.

PGA Tour player Mark Wilson won the 2012 Bob Hope Humana Classic the first week he had the new PING i20 irons in the bag. The i20s have a couple more degrees of bounce with the addition of a little smaller camber radius from the front to back. This makes it more rounded from front to back, it also helps the playability of the leading edge. With the i20s lower the center of gravity, the clubhead wants to deflect down into the ground when impacting the ball, so these design changes allow the club to glide through the ground, taking nice shallow divots.

If you're a fan of previous i-series irons, you'll love the i20s. Absent is the industrial grey Guyson finish which is replaced by a non-glare satin chrome finish. This change makes the i20s look cleaner and like every line and curve was perfectly milled. There is also the addition of a black ferrule, first for the i-series, but well known in the PING S-series and PING tour wedges. The ferrules gives it a much less traditional "PING" look and provides a nice flow from clubhead to shaft.

The progressive sole widths of the Ping G25 irons provide higher-launching, more-forgiving long irons, and short irons with added playability and control. A sleeker design featuring thinner top lines and moderate offset offers a look that will appeal to a wide variety of golfers looking for a high-launching, extremely forgiving game-improvement model. The attractive new dark, non-glare matte finish eliminates reflections and helps the golfer focus.

The G25s feature a dark, non-glare matte finish. The Custom Tuning Port (CTP) is integrated into the sole to lower the mass and position the CG for high-launching, forgiving results. The CTP aligns directly with the impact area, allowing for a lower CG and a high MOI. Ping Anser Forged Irons Support bars in the cavity stabilize the 17-4 stainless steel face to ensure a solid feel and exceptional distance control throughout the set.

The best test has been playing some tournament rounds and I like how easy it is to control trajectory and distance. While the i20s wont't tell you exactly where you struck the ball on the club face, the irons still sound solid, very solid for a cast club. I don't mind it, just lets you know there a little extra love to help you hit a towering long iron.

What Makes Scotty Cameron Putters Great?
Good golf in bad weather with TaylorMade SpeedBlade Irons
TaylorMade Tour Preferred CB irons 2014 Review
My pleasure to own Ping K15 Irons
Rose bids to tame Blue Monster
Back to top Go down

Hitting a lot of shots with Ping's welcomed i20 irons and g25 irons
Page 1 of 1