Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Half Ass Commitment

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

Half Ass Commitment Empty
PostSubject: Half Ass Commitment   Half Ass Commitment EmptyMon Dec 02, 2013 10:48 pm

So when I was out golfing this weekend I had a huge issue with bailing out of my shots and ending up out to the right like a newbie.  

I was felt like I was just hacking at it and jumping out of it at the same time.  

Does anyone have an suggestions or a small cue to remind myself to stay down etc etc
Back to top Go down
Golfhub66

Golfhub66

REP : 2

PostSubject: Re: Half Ass Commitment   Half Ass Commitment EmptyTue Dec 03, 2013 5:17 pm

Ihatetoputt wrote:
So when I was out golfing this weekend I had a huge issue with bailing out of my shots and ending up out to the right like a newbie.  

I was felt like I was just hacking at it and jumping out of it at the same time.  

Does anyone have an suggestions or a small cue to remind myself to stay down etc etc

Hey Ihatetoputt,
To me this sounds like a setup/ club fitting issue. If your setup position is incorrect and you tend to hunch over at address, the natural compensation is to stand up during impact. Your brain knows that if you stay in the positioin your in, you will end up hitting the ground six inches behind the ball, laying sod over your pretty pro-v1. This "standing up" motion will cause your swing path to go severely from the inside to outside resulting in a push (out to the right.)

You should try to stand up as tall as comfortably possible in your setup. Maintain a straight spine angle with bent knees and a slight pivot forward at the hip. Your arms should hang freely down below your shoulders at address. Take your normal backswing and pause at the top. From the top: Engage your left abdominal muscles and pull hard with the left hip in a counter clockwise motion. This will start the down-swing and keep your path and plane in tact. Starting the swing with the abs/ hip instead of dropping the arms and jumping with the legs will produce a more in-balanced/ in-posture swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=il83EutMrCA skip to 2:00 to hear Andy talk about the X factor stretch and how to unload it. This power move will keep your head position level and constant through out your golf swing.

Hope this helps!!! You can post a video of your swing for a move specific lesson plan.

-Tyler
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfhub.com
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

PostSubject: Re: Half Ass Commitment   Half Ass Commitment EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 9:45 pm

So I'm leaning to far over the ball?
Back to top Go down
Golfhub66

Golfhub66

REP : 2

PostSubject: Re: Half Ass Commitment   Half Ass Commitment EmptyWed Dec 11, 2013 9:17 am

Ihatetoputt wrote:
So I'm leaning to far over the ball?  

I couldn't say if your leaning too far over the ball or not, but I would venture a guess in saying that your setup posture is probably incorrect. Based on your ball flight I would guess that your spine is rounded at setup. Keeping a straight spine angle will help with making a full turn, on plane. Heres another video of setup positions and how they translate to the golf swing. I could tell you more if you had a picture or video or your setup position/ golf swing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS1_WQ4R7og
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfhub.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Half Ass Commitment   Half Ass Commitment Empty

Back to top Go down

Half Ass Commitment
Page 1 of 1