Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

High spin rate

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
MM13

REP : 1

High spin rate Empty
PostSubject: High spin rate   High spin rate EmptySun Nov 10, 2013 1:25 am

I had a question about spin rate on drives. I seem to have a super high spin rate on every launch monitor and also have absolutely have almost no roll. I drive the ball around 280 consistent but think I have a little more in me. I've used different drivers all the latest ones and the guy at vans said maybe switch my loft down but I'm already at an 8*. Any help appreciated thanks
Back to top Go down
Golfhub66

Golfhub66

REP : 2

High spin rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: High spin rate   High spin rate EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 4:04 pm

MM13 wrote:
I had a question about spin rate on drives. I seem to have a super high spin rate on every launch monitor and also have absolutely have almost no roll. I drive the ball around 280 consistent but think I have a little more in me. I've used different drivers all the latest ones and the guy at vans said maybe switch my loft down but I'm already at an 8*. Any help appreciated thanks
Hi MM13,
280 yards with no roll out is a great drive on any course. I can see how its frustration to get all that carry, with no roll. Without seeing your swing I would venture a guess in one of two places.
Your either playing your ball position incorrectly with the driver, which is causing the club to drop down onto the ball creating backspin. As opposed to catching the ball on the upswing of the stroke. If this is the case, try placing the ball off your left foot outstep. It will look awkward but you will get the feeling of hitting the ball in front of the bottom of the arc. It wont matter how low of degree your driver head is, if you hit down on the ball with a wood you will get backspin.
The other option is best demonstrated by Hank Haney in this video. You could have the tendency to unhinge your lead wrist just before impact. This causes a slight increase in loft at impact and causes spin. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ozPLXxsac
If you have a video of your swing you can email it to me for a detailed review. Tdressel@golfswitch.com Hope this helps!
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfhub.com
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

High spin rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: High spin rate   High spin rate EmptyTue Nov 12, 2013 9:51 pm

He knows his stuff. That I can say^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
MM13

REP : 1

High spin rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: High spin rate   High spin rate EmptyWed Nov 13, 2013 8:14 am

Thanks for the reply and info. I'm gonna go out and give it a shot on the range this weekend!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

High spin rate Empty
PostSubject: Re: High spin rate   High spin rate Empty

Back to top Go down

High spin rate
Page 1 of 1