Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Oops! It does not look like you are logged in.

Please note: This is a Completely Free Forum
Golf Arizona Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Golf Arizona Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Fairway Woods or Hybrids

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

REP : 2

Fairway Woods or Hybrids Empty
PostSubject: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 1:58 pm

you can see in my signature that I don't have any woods. What I'm wondering is since I have better accuracy with the hybrid I have and one my buddy has and the woods I use are another friends and I am all over the place with them but do hit them further in most cases. Would I be able to find some hybrids that I can get the same distance as woods with? Like a 15* hybrid close to the same as a 15* 3 wood or am I better off going with the woods and just learn how to swing the clubs better Laughing
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

REP : 4

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 9:44 pm

ma1r1k2us wrote:
you can see in my signature that I don't have any woods. What I'm wondering is since I have better accuracy with the hybrid I have and one my buddy has and the woods I use are another friends and I am all over the place with them but do hit them further in most cases. Would I be able to find some hybrids that I can get the same distance as woods with? Like a 15* hybrid close to the same as a 15* 3 wood or am I better off going with the woods and just learn how to swing the clubs better Laughing

Most likely not. I am pretty sure A fairway wood will usually get more distance than a hybrid even if they are the same loft.

At least stick with a fairway wood that has a loft of14 or 15 degrees.

If your having an issue with a fairway wood. Chock down onthe club a little more and see if that helps.
Back to top Go down
https://golfarizona.forumotion.com
Twiddly

Twiddly

REP : 5

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 8:33 pm

ma1r1k2us wrote:

The New issue of Golf Digest(the hot list addition). Has an article that helps explain hybrids vs fairway woods.

Back to top Go down
mattyv

mattyv

REP : 7

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 9:03 pm

Wilson had a set of woods/hybrids called the Fybrids. They are kind of a cross between the two. It might be an option to try. I had one for a while but it didn't suit my taste.
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyWed Feb 13, 2013 9:06 pm

Did you ever get/find a fairway wood?
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyThu Feb 14, 2013 12:18 pm

No I haven't yet...I use a friends who basically refuses to hit his 3wood at this point still trying to decide what route to go really
Back to top Go down
Ihatetoputt

Ihatetoputt

REP : 6

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:06 pm

Have you gone and tried some different ones out
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 8:24 pm

Not like I want to at Goldsmith or PGA just hitting a couple of friends
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:03 pm

Before you go and buy something. You can get fitted for free at any pro shop and.....have you though about getting some lesson from an instructor?
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyFri Feb 15, 2013 9:11 pm

I have and know from playing pool that now is the time before I really get the bad habits I have too ingrained and can't change but I also don't have the money or time to at this point
Back to top Go down
mattyv

mattyv

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 11:56 am

ma1r1k2us wrote:
I have and know from playing pool that now is the time before I really get the bad habits I have too ingrained and can't change but I also don't have the money or time to at this point

You're a pool player too. Do you play in any of the local leagues? I play Wednesday nights at Skip & Jans in Tempe in the TAP league.
Back to top Go down
ma1r1k2us

ma1r1k2us

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 12:07 pm

I played the Wednesday TAP last year on Nice Rack
Back to top Go down
mattyv

mattyv

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 1:50 pm

ma1r1k2us wrote:

Last year my team was Square Balls. New team started this session with the name of Indecent Exposure. We just qualified for titleholders so hopefully we can keep up the good work.

Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyMon Feb 18, 2013 9:17 pm

mattyv wrote:
ma1r1k2us wrote:

Last year my team was Square Balls. New team started this session with the name of Indecent Exposure. We just qualified for titleholders so hopefully we can keep up the good work.

Where were you guys a few years ago. I spend hours in my front room playing pool. Nobody I know likes to play.
Back to top Go down
mattyv

mattyv

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 am

Golfarizona wrote:
mattyv wrote:
ma1r1k2us wrote:

Where were you guys a few years ago. I spend hours in my front room playing pool. Nobody I know likes to play.

If you like to play pool I would suggest joining a league. It's a good way to improve your game, have some fun. I've got a few golf buddies in my pool league now and it's a lot of fun if you hook up with the right bunch of people.
Back to top Go down
Golfarizona
Admin
Golfarizona

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids EmptyTue Feb 19, 2013 8:34 pm

Lol I love pool. I was taking kids lunch money in High School playing pool. I've thought about joining a group but time is something I don't have.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fairway Woods or Hybrids   Fairway Woods or Hybrids Empty

Back to top Go down

Fairway Woods or Hybrids
Page 1 of 1